You need to work with an attorney who understands your brand and how domains and social media platforms can place that brand at risk via cybercrime and infringements.
We can help you with all aspects of your digital assets, all while protecting your brand.
Some of the digital media areas in which we work include:
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): EU data protection law
- Privacy Policies: governing data collection and uses of websites
- Site Terms and Conditions
- Social Media Handles and Handle Acquisition: In addition to deciding on your social media handles, your attorney should assist you in checking to see of your desired handle is available and help you create an account with rights to that handle
- Handle Infringement: Involves a trademark owner having to address another entity imitating its brand using similar handles
- Cyber Security: In the U.S., there are a number of cybersecurity regulations that affect businesses and competition, and if you are not prepared, you could be accused of a cyber-crime
- Branding Strategy: Domain name brands are an important part of your marketing strategy. Your attorney should be able to help you consider the long-term implications of a branding strategy and how your domain name serves that strategy.
- Strategic Affiliation
- Data Protection
Some of these services include ensuring that you are protected in terms of liability and any claims of brand confusion, disparagement, and/or infringement. We provide branding, social media, and fair use of intellectual property guidelines and best practices, as well as legal advice concerning preventing unauthorized third-party use of brand names and online messaging.
Our attorneys also work with your business to develop social media policies in order to ensure that you are protected in terms of confidential and proprietary information. This includes educating all relevant parties on laws regarding defamation, financial disclosure, intellectual property rights, and privacy rights, and designing policies to secure the appropriate data protection, security measures, and intellectual property assets, including trademarks.
Find Out More About Our Digital Media Legal Services
At ESQwire, we help our clients solve complex challenges that span a number of disciplines and practice areas. This includes handling domain disputes in court as well as through the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP). We do this by helping to educate our clients on the myriad of federal, international, and state laws and regulations relevant to data handling practices. We have extensive experience in both State and Federal Court and before the United States Patent & Trademark Office (“USPTO”). This experience helps us understand both the brand owner and domain owner perspective. Our work has helped a number of Fortune 100 brands like NFL Properties and Pfizer protect their trademarks and police their online presence.
Whether you are located in New Jersey, the U.S., Canada, or anywhere else in the world, call 856-874-9651 or schedule a free consultation with us online today.
Since 1994, our attorneys have hundreds of dispute victories and have helped establish internationally-recognized legal precedent.